A very basic manga reader made using flutter and mangadex API. It uses the mangadex_library package.
A few things to remember
The app only supports windows at the moment. Android and other platforms can be compiled too, just remember that it's never tested on those devices so, it might become a nightmare when you look at it. Good luck to your eyes, honestly.
The app is in a very early stage of development and hence bugs are expected including some incomplete code that I still can't figure out (for example sorting mangas doesn't work currently and so it has been commented out). It also hasn't been tested for certain scenarios and therefore my crash on certain pages if the internet is not good, please file an issue if you found something like this.
The app is open source and not to be used for any commercial purposes, it's just a project for both the flutter and the mangadex community to showcase the future revolution flutter can bring in.
I might not be able to always be there to keep adding features to this one, however everyone's welcome to contribute to the project.
The latest releases can always be found on the releases page, if you are looking ahead to try the app.
When reading the manga, click once on a page to go to the next page and click twice on a page to go the previous page.
Things that aren't working
- You can't remove mangas from library or mark a chapter as read. However, you can still view your mangadex library and change it through the site itself.
Running the App
Extract your release zip archive and open mangadex_app.exe (make sure that all the files and extracted and not only the exe.)
Compiling the App (For devs)
- Add the /bin directory of your flutter installation to your system PATH
- Next you will have to enable desktop support
- Install both the Dart and the Flutter plugin onto your IDE. Visual Studio Code was used for this project.
- Adding manga to library
- Accessing and reading manga
- Color filters for changing brightness of manga pages
- Light and dark mode
- Searching for manga
Things coming next
Download manga and view library offlineThis seems to be involving the application of isolates which is a bit complicated to handle at the moment and so has been postponed.
- Option to change the reading status of manga in the library.
- Change the view of the list tiles.
- Need to get in touch for something? I might not be always active on my github but im always there on Discord, if you need to ask for something (or maybe just talk) just dm me on Rick~#9387