Hack&Heal hybrid hackathon 2022 - Body & Mind topic
The MVP is available for mobile browsers here.
- 3.6 million citizens have left the country, another 7+ million have been displaced inside the country, since the start of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- Most refugees and survivors of forced displacement will not receive needed mental health care due to scarcity of services, lack of access to qualified care and stigma against mental disorders.
- The APA American Psychological Association estimates that mental disorders affect up to 80% of the refugees. Systematic reviews show that by far the most common are :
- Depression ~44%
- Anxiety ~40%
- PTSD ~36% (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Several different studies show how regular meditation significantly reduces depression and anxiety. It also helps alleviate and it can even reverse PTSD symptoms.
- This Web App will offer free meditation sessions. The guided meditations will be focused on helping refugees with possible mental disorders associated with their transition.